Clients: Joshua and Lei
How to use the list:
☑= you need
✔= you've provided
□ = you do NOT need
Click on the links to get more information
(the person who is applying for the visa)
✔ Passport bio page for applicant, including migrating dependent children, AND copies of ALL STAMPED PASSPORT PAGES!
✔ Recent passport photos of the applicant, and any migrating dependent children, with names written on backs (any colour background is OK)
✔ *PSA Birth Certificates for applicant, and for any dependent children (whether migrating or not) issued by PSA Office on Security Paper. CLEAR COLOUR COPIES.
*NB. If birth is “late registered”, a Baptismal certificate AND elementary school records (form 137-E) AND secondary school records (137-A). CLEAR COLOUR COPIES. VERY IMPORTANT!
□ If any minor children (17yrs and below) are migrating without both parents, a Form 1229 from the non-migrating parent authorising those children to migrate, and a copy of the non-migrating parent’s ID with photograph and signature. If no other custodial parent, evidence of this (please discuss)!
□ PSA-issued CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) if unmarried, and also for migrating and non-migrating dependents 16 years and over. Original or CLEAR COLOUR COPY .
□ If applicant has been previously married, an original or clear colour copy of PSA marriage certificate on PSA Security Paper with annotation in the margin if annulled*.
*Include (a) original petition for annulment, (b) decision record and (c) certificate of finality
□ Or Divorce papers from Australia (or other countries). Certified copies or originals.
□ Or original or clear copy of PSA Death Certificate of former spouse on PSA Security Paper (if from Philippines), or ordinary death certificate if from Australia or other countries.
✔ NBI certificate marked “Valid for overseas travel” and including valid thumbprint and dry seal for applicant, and for all dependents 16 years and over. TOP copy only. Not the “PERSONAL copy”!
□ Original or certified copy of police clearances from all OTHER countries where the applicant has lived for 12> months in total in the last 10 years
☑ Medical and X-ray examinations by Embassy-approved doctor (we will give you a letter and information for this when it needs to be done, ie. this is always done AFTER the application lodgement)
□ Attend CFO Seminar. This is a legal requirement (Philippines Law). The seminar must be attended AFTER the visa grant (or before a MARRIED applicant applies for a passport), a certificate and a passport sticker obtained. Details from www.cfo.gov.ph. We do NOT advise on CFO issues or requirements.
• “Certified Copy” means to take the ORIGINAL DOCUMENT and a PHOTOCOPY to an ATTORNEY or Notary Public and getting the COPY certified as a true copy of the original. Do NOT take to the DFA. Do NOT photocopy or scan and email the certified copy!
• Do NOT send the “PERSONAL COPY” (bottom section) of the NBI Clearance. And you MUST send the original! If you need an NBI Clearance for a passport or other purpose, order two copies and send us one of them!
• All PSA documents must be originals or CLEAR colour copies that can be easily read.
(the Australian who sponsor’s the applicant from overseas)
✔ Recent passport photographs of the sponsor
✔ Birth Certificate
✔ Evidence that sponsor is Permanent Resident/Citizen – Citizenship certificate or visa sticker (certified), visa grant letter or Australian Birth Certificate
□ Certified copy of Single Status Certificate/Certificate of Singleness/No Record Result
□ Certified copy of divorce papers (ALL divorces…..not just the last one)
□ Certified copy of Death Certificate of former spouse
□ If the sponsor is an Eligible New Zealand Citizen, the sponsor must undergo (a) a medical examination and (b) submit Police Clearances from Australia and (c) New Zealand
□ Evidence of sponsor’s income, eg. last two tax returns (certified copies) OR 5-6 recent payslips, OR dated employment income certification, OR accountant’s statement for last two years
✔ Police Clearance (certified or original) – full disclosure, and from any country lived in for 12 months of more over the last 10 years
(both of you need to contribute to this)
☑ Extensive evidence of relationship, as per the supporting documents we’ve supplied you with. Scanned coloured copies of documents. Plain (not certified) copies of emails, chat logs, Skype logs, text messages, letters, cards, photos, travel itineraries, boarding passes, money transfers, hotel & other receipts etc. Email this to us. Do not send original documents.
✔A signed statement from the APPLICANT and another from the SPONSOR outlining the history and the development of the relationship (ie. one each! We need two different signed statements in own words.) Do NOT cheat and have one of you write both copies. These are very important documents!
Sample document, click HERE
✔ Form 888 (at least 2 filled-out forms or more) filled out and signed by friend/relative who is Australian Citizen/Permanent Resident, accompanied with birth certificate or passport certified copy. Logically it will be the Australian sponsor who will organise this, and not the overseas applicant.
If married already:
✔Marriage Certificate Official certificate, and not commemorative/decorative one.
If in a defacto relationship (including same-sex relationships) ie. “living together”
□ EXTENSIVE evidence that you have lived together and been in the de facto relationship for 12 months or more, and if separated that it was only temporary. Look to Guidebook for examples.
If engaged to be married in Australia
□ A letter from an authorised marriage celebrant indicating that a wedding has been booked (do not send a Notice of Intent to Marry!). Include: (a) both names, (b) wedding date, and (c) wedding location, and (d) must be signed. Please note that it is in your interest that the intended date of marriage be within 8 - 12 months from the application date, to allow for the visa processing time.
Visitor/Tourist Visa (IF applied-for WITH the partner visa*) – Additional Requirements
□ A letter of support from the sponsor (we will send you a template letter to be signed and returned)
Feel free to discuss this option with us. Maybe 85% of our partner visa applicants also apply for a tourist visa at the same time. You get to spend MOST of the waiting time together instead of being apart for 6 months, which gives the applicant time to get used to Australia before moving permanently. The ideal loneliness cure!
☑ Form 1359 International Movement Request form - for signing
Applicant and Sponsor:
✔ Reviewed and signed Spouse Visa application form
☑ Reviewed and signed Sponsorship application form - I'll be sending this document for your review and signing
✔ Child's Birth Certificate
✔ Signed Statutory Declaration from Parent/s that Sponsor and Applicants reside in their home and are financially supported
12 Aug 2019: Received the following documents:
- NBI Clearance Valis Until 15 Jan 2020
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Commemorative Marriage Certificate (advised client to request for BDM certificate)
- Sponsor's Birth Certificate
Received documents already in file:
- Applicant Birth Certificate
- Applicant's Parent's No marriage PSA certificate
14 Aug 2019: Received the following document:
- BDM Marriage Certificate
- Answers to some questions in the application form
16 Aug 2019: Received the following documents:
- Joshua's History of relationship
- Evidence of Obtaining NBI and WA NPC (need to obtain AFP NPC)
17 Aug 2019:
- Received Lei's History of relationship and Joshua's modified History of relationship
- Lei and Joshua's reviewed History of relationship (review 1 for Lei, Review 2 for Joshua)
- Received Some Photo Evidences - need more photos
- Provided tutorial on how to obtain FB convo and informed sponsor who can be a qualified Form 888 witness
18 Aug 2019: Followup on documents sent to Lei. They are sick in the household
19 Aug 2019:
- Received Lei and Joshua updated history of relationship
- Received Photos- ALL GOOD NOW
- Received FB convo (until 2016 only) - confirmed they need to do a statutory declaration informing that FB user is Joshua and any gaps on their conversation
- Sent back Lei and Joshua final history of relationship for signing
19 Aug 2019:
- Lei confirmed that she cannot get skype messages/ phone logs still in request
- Form 888 still pending
- Sent Statutory declaration of parents confirming residence in their family home and financial support
- Followup again on other documents
21 August Received the following documents:
How to send
- Scan original documents in colour
- For non-colour document, document needs to be certified first then scanned
- Documents should be in PDF format. Preferably 1 file per document because online form has a maximum 60 documents per application.
- File should be max 5MB in size.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred delivery method)
What's next? The partner visa process
Click here to know more